Friday, September 23, 2005

Life sucks sometimes!


Yes it does! I keep on telling myself that which does not break you
only makes you stronger.

But my resolve is wearing thin. It's tough running a business on your
own and having to worry about expenses, both personal and well as
corporate.

In the last 2 months, I've had to live on a very small amount because
my clients have been slow in their payments. Having started the
business on next to nothing, you can imagine how cash flow can be
sometimes be a problem. Don't get me wrong, the business is profitable,
but sometime when your "stars" are not aligned and Murphy is your best
friend, things just do not go right.

But I guess such times comes with the territory.

Buy hey, I am human too, right? When I see me friends having a
relatively comfortable life with ample cash, I kinda wonder if I had
made the right decisions in life.

To even have a day, at my age, and wonder what I can eat for $2, is
quite depressing, really. Especially when you consider that I have come
from backgrounds that would have more than likely ensured that I could
afford a $20 lunch any day!

I keep telling myself though that things will pick up soon and that
what fortune tellers have predicted for me will come true - that I will
have ample cash!

I guess, as with many successful businessmen who have started from
scratch, they too have has trying times in the past and have endured
and persevered.

A short note to fate - I do need some sign here that things will be
better ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought, nothing offensive, I hope.

As much as most people said market had picked up, I guess it only happens to certain indutries. Looking at the advertising and design industry today which is still relatively weak, the big boys is still sizing down and small ones start getting larger in numbers. The price for CREATIVITY had dropped tremendously over the last 10 years. The shared pie is very much smaller as compare to 90s, so what is left for us beside the crumbs? Just more bits of crumbs.