Monday, September 26, 2005

Sex DOES sell I guess ...


Being a relatively publicity shy person, I was apprehensive when the idea
came to gain a little more popularity for my blog site.

Months had gone by and it was kinda depressing that the web hit counter
only moves when I visit the site!

I still wanted to do some research though, on the implications of being
so popular. Should I pen something that is politically controversial,
racially biased or even morally questionable?

Hmmmm ..... well the answer came with the arrest of 3 jokers by the
Singapore Police. They were subsequently charged for sedition and now
are awaiting their trial dates.

I also noticed that the over popular Wendy's blog site had been the target of malicious hacking and her comments about her trip to
Kuala Lumpur did not go down well with many readers.

It was then that I decided that I did not want THAT much popularity but
at the same time, wanted more hits on my blog site, albeit indirect
ones. I remember my ex-boss, a marketing guru once told me ... "Sex
sells!" and decided that I would post a comment on one of my favourite
blog sites on sex!

No .. no .. I am not an internet, voyeuristic pervert! I stumbled on
this blog by Sash. It is essentially a journal of her sex exploits and
after reading the articles for about a month, I must say that I was
intrigued. I was intrigued not because of her explicit description of
her sexual encounters but more on the way she wrote them.

Her chronicles, although graphic and precise, are written well and they
were almost like pages from a romance novel. It was a pleasure to read
and to a certain extent, I found it classy.

So I decided to participate in her blog by leaving a comment and at the
same time leaving my identity behind. I was lucky as I was the first
one to leave a comment, hence my identity was right at the top.

Within and hour, my web counter for my blog site, shot up from 30 to
80! My profile reads rose from 32 to 130!

I even received a call from a friend that he saw my comments on the
blog and was wondering what I was doing reading blogs like these! Hey,
I should be asking him the very same question! But I know for a fact
that he is a horny dude and would almost screw anything that moves!

Thanks to Sash! She has springboarded my blog to new heights. In
tribute, I have created links to their blogs ...

5 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

I actually don't like a lot of people reading my blog. I get about 25 hits a day. But one day, I got 450 hits! I traced it back and people were googling "Is Tom Cruise Nuts?" One of my posts happened to be titled "Tom Cruise is Nuts." So, if you want a lot of hits, find out what interests people and write about it.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, i do not know how to react to your obsession with Sash's blog simply because i cannot relate to the amount of sensationalization and pomp that goes into evey one of her accounts. Sex sells, yes..not when u come off sounding like fabio and one of his trashy romance novels. what's more insulting, is to think she has ardent fans like you, promoting her language as if it were an art form, when its not. you know what they say about blogs...you can be anyone, anthing on the NET, who's to know..and Sash, through the sensationalization of trivial and mundane details of her so called LIFE, is just a a fine example of this.

Anonymous said...

and do not even start with me on the "classiness" of Sash's blog...

Anonymous said...

How about giving your review on this then

http://hazeldearie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i dont see Sash leaving behind her real name...hello? Sash Van Winkle is not a name. it's a hastily put together collaboration of words, borrowed from colourful characters in story books.. and besides a rather blurry and fizzy black and white photo of her, with a what seems like, fake mole, we dont really get to see her face either.. My dearest KIMSON, its not about being courageous enuff to leave identities behind.. Its a matter of perception, how much you wanna show yourself to the world. And ironically, what you choose to show to the world may not even be who you really are..i expectd a clever retort from you, rather than a mere " screw them! Sash." Perhaps i was wrong to think you were even capable of that.