Monday, January 02, 2006

It's a Brand New Year!



To all my readers, A Happy New Year 2006!

As we head into this new year, I can only wish that we continue to
enjoy peace and prosperity as we did in the past year, 2005.

Blogging has been a new past time for me and I hope to carry it on
faithfully into the new year as well.

Looking back, I can only say that amidst the natural disasters, civil
and political unrest, and growing poverty in third world countries, I
count myself lucky, fortunate and blessed to be living in a country
that ensures it's citizens stay happy and given ample opportunities to
make a living for themselves.

I am sure that many human rights and political detractors will disagree
but I for one, can say that I am thankful for the way my country is
being run.

I have had my share of ups and downs this year and my goal is to
capitalize on my strengths and learn from the mistakes that I have done
and grow from there.

So, for all Singaporeans who continue to complain, take a step back and
reflect on your blessings and appreciate the peace and stability that
we often take for granted.

While I agree that there could be more improvements but count yourself
lucky because Big Brother is indeed looking out for you. Being involved
in community work for the poor, I am indeed impressed with the measures
and avenues that are in place to cater for all those who have been left
behind.

So as we head into a brand new year, let's make a difference in
someone's life with a significant contribution to the betterment of our
society.

Cheers!

No comments: